Tips for organising your self-storage unit
Follow these handy tips to make the most of your storage at Ballarat Advanced Self Storage:
- Make a list/inventory of your items you are storing
- Consider how often you will access your unit – this determines how you should pack the storage space. Keep items you will need to regularly access near the front of your unit!
- Forget the flimsy ‘hand me down’ boxes – use sturdy boxes which can be stacked (maximise your space)
- Close and seal your cartons to protect your belongings from dust
- Label a side or an end of the carton so you can easily read – regardless of how they are stored in your unit
- Clearly mark FRAGILE boxes
- Place heavy boxes at the bottom of each stack
- Leave an aisle/space between rows of goods to allow easy access to your belongings
- Dismantle furniture – you will save space in your unit. Store bolts/nuts/screws in a labelled zip-lock bag and tape it to the item
- Utilise spaces inside cupboards/wardrobes
- Place a wedge in fridge/freezer doors to stop mildew
We have packing supplies to help you protect your belongings. Ask us about our FREE move-in trailer.
Short term and long term secure, individual storage units to suit your needs. Easy access 7 days via our monitored automated entry/exit gate.
Phone us today to discuss your storage needs TEL 03 5339 9700